How to Program Ford Key Fobs
Did you lose your keys and had to get a replacement made? You might be wondering how to program Ford key fob. It’s actually a very simple process to program your fob and get your back out onto the Conway road! Let’s take a closer look at Ford key fob programming with the Beach Ford service center. For more information, feel free to contact us anytime!
Step-by-Step Programming Instructions
- Shut all car doors and then open the driver-side door. Then press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
- The next step is to flip the ignition from OFF to RUN exactly 8 times with a 10-second interval. The 8th time should always end on RUN. The vehicle will then enter programming mode, and the doors should lock and unlock. Note: If the doors don’t cycle, turn the key faster. Your car may not have keyless entry if you still can’t get the doors locks to cycle.)
- Next, hit any button you want to program on your Ford key fob within 8 seconds of the doors locking and unlocking. When you’ve programed the button, the locks will go through their cycle again. Your fob is now ready!
- If you have a spare key fob, just press any button on the remote within 8 seconds, and the door locks should then cycle.
- Then, just turn off the ignition, and the locks should cycle, meaning that you’ve now completed the programming.
How to Turn Off Ford MyKey
Now that you know how to program Ford key fobs, you may want to know how to turn off Ford MyKey. To do this, just start the vehicle with your primary key fob, and follow these instructions to disable Ford MyKey:
- Start the vehicle and let your infotainment screen turn on.
- Press the left arrow button on your steering wheel to get to the main menu.
- Now press the “Settings” icon after you select “OK”.
- Now that you’re in the “Settings” section, find the “MyKey” option and hit “OK”.
- Once you’ve found the “MyKey”, you should see an option that says “Clear MyKey”.
- Once you’ve selected “Clear MyKey”, press and hold the “OK” button until you receive a notification stating “All MyKeys Cleared “.
Learn More About Ford Key Fob Programming at Beach Ford!
Now that you know more about Ford key fob programming, you can either try to program your key fob yourself or schedule a service appointment to have it done by our certified technicians. Be sure to also take advantage of our service specials to save big near Florence!
More from Beach Ford
When it comes to buying a new vehicle, it can be difficult to know when the time is right.
In the world of SUVs, few names resonate as strongly as the Ford Explorer. A true icon in the automotive landscape, the Ford Explorer has been a popular choice for families, adventurers, and road-trippers alike. With the release of the 2023 model year, Ford has once again upped the ante by offering an impressive array…
If you’re a car owner, you’ve probably heard a lot of automotive service lingo thrown around. From oil changes to brake jobs, there’s a lot of terminology to learn.