How To Connect to Ford SYNC® 3
One of the many benefits of driving a new Ford on Conway roads is Ford SYNC® 3 infotainment system. Learning how to connect to Ford SYNC® is simple and can be completed in a few quick steps. Follow the guide below to start making the most of your Ford’s interior features.
Connecting to Ford SYNC® 3
Connect to Ford SYNC® “my ride” near Murrells Inlet by following the steps below.
- Turn on Bluetooth® on your smartphone.
- On your vehicle’s SYNC® 3 touchscreen display, select “Add Device.”
- Search for devices on your smartphone until SYNC® is available.
- Verify the PIN on your phone matches the PIN on the Ford system. Or enter the PIN into your phone.
- SYNC® will tell you if the syncing is successful.
- SYNC® will display 911 Assist status (automatic calls to emergency personnel in the event of a crash). Opt-in or opt-out of automatic contact downloads.
- Click the “Finish” button.
Ford SYNC® 3 Basics
Now that you know how to connect to Ford SYNC®, it’s time to learn about the different features you’ll need to use while driving through Florence.
- Touchscreen: To use the SYNC® 3 touchscreen, swipe, tap, and pinch to move around the display and select what you want.
- Status Bar: Part of the screen displays icons and messages, home button, climate control status, time, outdoor temperature, texts, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Navigation: Turn by turn navigation to wherever you want to go starting from your location.
- Audio and Entertainment: Shows the source of the audio (Bluetooth®, radio, CD, etc.).
- Voice Commands: Use voice command to send text messages, respond to them, place calls, and start navigation, all without taking your eyes off the road.
Contact Us for Help with Ford SYNC® My Ride!
Buying a new Ford comes with many benefits, including Ford SYNC®. If you’re still having trouble learning how to connect to Ford SYNC®, a member of our sales team can walk you through the process. You can also schedule an appointment to have it connected for you. Learn more about your new Ford, such as what services the Ford warranty covers and other pertinent information about your new car, truck, or SUV.