Auto Start-Stop: What is it?
It’s all about efficiency! A new addition to the EcoBoost family of engines, the 1.5L I-4 brings a new level of power and efficiency. Introduced on the 2014 Ford Fusion SE, the new engine and model combination also services up the available Auto Start-Stop feature.
Auto Start-Stop has a built in WOW factor that will be a surprise and delight for many customers, and that may drive owners of competitive vehicles to consider Fusion further.
How Auto Start-Stop Works
Auto Start-Stop automatically shuts down the engine when the vehicle has stopped.
- The system is smooth, quiet and seamless. It requires no change to the driver’s behavior – Vehicle launch is quick and smooth
- Auto Start-Stop icon illuminates to indicate the engine has shut down
- A button allows the system to be turned off
- The engine shuts down automatically when the vehicle is at a stop, conserving fuel and reducing exhaust gases
- Due to certain operating conditions and/or certain driver inputs, the engine may not always shut down
- See your owner’s manual for more information and details.
Benefits of Auto Start-Stop
- The 1.5 EcoBoost I-4 with 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission and Auto Start-Stop has EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings of 25 city/37 hwy/29 combined MPG.
- Can improve overall fuel efficiency by about 3.5% as compared to a vehicle without Auto Start-Stop
- Predominantly city drivers may see greater savings
It’s Important to Note
Shutting down the engine has no impact on the driving experience. When the features shuts down the engine, the climate control fan, audio system and headlamps will continue to function as normal. Auto Start-Stop will not always turn off the engine at every stop; for example, if the air conditioning is in high use, during engine warm-up of if the ambient temperature is too hot or too cold.
Give us a call today to learn more about Ford’s Auto Start-Stop feature! We’re here at Beach Ford waiting to hear from you!