2021 Ford Edge – What’s NEW!
The 2021 Ford Edge serves up a sporty, athletic, 5-passenger SUV design along with a wide array of innovative technologies. From its impressive suite of standard Ford Co-Pilot360 driver-assist features to its new-for-2021 SYNC 4A system, Edge seamlessly blends performance and innovation with the convenience of SUV flexibility and a style all its own.
Edge customers enjoy the perfect blend of modern design and SUV capability.
- 2021 exterior highlights include:
- LED headlamps on all models
- Fog lamps and signature lighting on SEL and above
- Chrome grille featuring bright chrome accents and bright chrome surround on Titanium Elite
- Gloss Black-painted mesh grille on ST and ST-Line
- Edge ST models include ST badge
- LED taillamps with amber turn signals
- 18-, 19- 20- and 21-inch aluminum wheels
- Edge ST
- Developed by Ford Performance, Edge ST not only looks like a performance SUV, it drives like one as well.
- Edge ST-Line
- Presents an impressive blend of innovative technologies, plus styling cues from ST paired with the power and handling dynamics of an SEL
- ST-Line badge on front fenders
- New for 2021 Edge…
- Updated rear liftgate trim with new, more prominent edge badging
- Carbonized Gray and Lithium Gray exterior colors
- Outfitters packages
- Three new roof rack systems becoming available summer 2021
Both Edge and the enhanced performance of Edge ST deliver impressive stats from their EcoBoost engine technologies. Edge models feature standard front-wheel drive and offer the option of Intelligent all-wheel drive. Edge St features twin-turbochargers and standard Intelligent AWD married to a sport-tuned suspension.
All Edge models equipped with AWD include ADW Disconnect – a feature that contributes to efficiency by disconnecting the rear driveline when it is not needed, helping reduce drag.
Edge features a clean, flowing interior design and refined materials contained in a spacious and flexible cabin.
- For 2021, Edge features:
- Driver-configurable 4.2-inch color LCD instrument cluster display
- Silver Twilight or Satin accents
- Reminder: Edge serves up impressive cargo capacities:
- 2 cu.ft. (rear seats up)
- 4 cu.ft. (rear seats down)
- New for 2021…
- Largest-in-class center touchscreen measuring at 12 inches (all models)
- Four smart-charging USB ports (an A- and C-type in the rear)
- Unique instrument panel appliques – color varies by model
- Unique cloth seating available on SEL
- Ceramic interior now available on Titanium Elite
- Tire inflator and sealant kit now standard
Technology is a hallmark of Ford Edge and for 2021 the game has been upped again with now standard to all models – new SYNC 4A with Voice Recognition. The smartest version of SYNC yet, this impressively designed 12-inch touchscreen technology…
- Is a one-stop shop for vehicle controls, including user-friendly screens for settings, climate control and applications – also features adaptive dash cards related to the most recently used apps
- Allows for conversational voice-recognition
- Intuitively learns the habits of the owner and provides suggestions
- Keeps owners connected to their vehicle and up to date using cloud-based connectivity
- Additional innovative Edge technologies include:
- Standard on all models
- Ford Co-Pilot360 suite of driver-assist technologies
- Post-Collision Braking
- Reverse Sensing System
- FordPass Connect
- Standard on Titanium (301a) and St (401A), available on others…
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go and Lane Centering
- Evasive Steering Assist
- Enhanced Active Park Assist with Parallel Park, Park Out Assist, Reverse Perpendicular Parking, Forward and Reverse and Side Sensing Systems