2019 Transit Connect – Consider the Possibilities
Of course, 2019 Transit Connect Passenger Wagons and Vans are “Built Ford Tough” from the ground up. These two distinct vehicles serve up a vast array of possible configurations for customers. Their size, comfort, capability and flexibility are perfectly suited to the personal-use customer, business-use customer or a happy mix of both.
The Transit Connect Market
America’s best-selling compact cargo van, Transit Connect, has a commanding 46 percent market share. More than 300,000 Transit Connect vehicles have been sold since 2009 when Ford first created the segment in the United States. Of those, 97 percent are still on the road. It’s a testament to the Built Ford Tough durability and versatility of Transit Connect.
Offered in both Cargo Van and Passenger Wagon models, it’s designed to appeal to different customers:
- For those who go directly from their work week to their weekend, passenger wagon is an alternative to SUVs and conventional minivans for families, active empty-nesters, outdoor enthusiasts and side-business owners who value the versatility and capability of a small van.
- Cargo van is a vital business tool for small-business owners. Its design appeals to business owners who need a smart, durable and capable compact-sized van to support their business requirements.
The exterior design of Transit Connect communicates right-sized capability. Updates for 2019 include:
- NEW front-end styling:
- ALL-NEW bumper, grille and headlamp appearance, as well as
- Available HID headlamps and LED fog lamps
- Two different grille designs, as well as
- Lower hood and NEW front fascia for an integrated and seamless look
Along the Side
- Five NEW wheel/wheel cover designs, as well as
- NEW available wide body-color bodyside moldings (XLT Cargo Van only)
At the Rear
- NEW taillamp appearance and tailgate trim, with a low, wide load height, as well as
- Low beltline design carries through to the taillamps
NEW passenger Wagon Exterior Colors
- Kapoor Red
- Blue, as well as
- Diffused Silver
2019 Models and Configurations
Transit Connect offers customers a total of 16 available body code/order combinations. There’s 8 for Passenger Wagons and 8 for Cargo Vans. Both offer a choice of two wheelbase lengths:
- Short wheelbase (SWB) – 104.8 inches, as well as
- Long wheelbase (LWB) – 120.6 inches. as well as
- Both have dual sliding side doors
2019 Engine Options
For the 2019 Transit Connect, it offers a choice of gasoline and diesel (late availability) engines. Both are engineered especially for outstanding capability. Either engine selection is mated to the also new, 8-speed, SelectShift automatic.
Trailer Tow Package
It is important to realize, the 2019 Transit Connect is not available with Taxi Package. Includes:
- 4-pin connector
- 4-pin wiring harness
- Class I hitch receiver
- Trailer sway control