Automotive Maintenance Tips
While we’re always happy to help you at the Beach Ford service shop, there are plenty of routine tasks you can handle right in your garage in Murrells Inlet. Brush up on your maintenance with the following tips:
- Keep Good Records: Whether you file your receipts in a folder, markdown your appointments on your phone, or keep a running tab on your computer, it’s important to keep track of your maintenance work so you know when your next service is due.
- Read Your Manual: Your owner’s manual is packed with valuable information about everything you need for day-to-day ownership, from your windshield wiper size to your oil change schedule.
- Find Your Fuel: Do you know the recommended octane rating for your vehicle? Take a look at your manual to find out what your car needs.
- Inspect Your Car: Take a walk around your vehicle and look at everything. Does anything stand out? Inspecting your car frequently will help you notice when something is wrong.
- Check Air Filter: Your engine air filter can get clogged with dirt and debris, but it’s easy to change. Take a look at your filter periodically to make sure air is flowing properly.
- Check Oil Level: Check your oil with the dipstick under your car’s hood to make sure that you have enough oil, and take a look at the color and consistency while you’re there.
- Check Coolant: While the hood is up, look at the engine coolant too. Be sure that it’s filled to the proper levels.
- Check Your Tires: Inspect your tire tread, your air pressure, and your tire condition to ensure that your set is operating properly.
- Check Wipers: Are you sick of streaky windshields? Check your wiper blades for damage and replace them if you notice performance issues.
- Inspect Bulbs: Double check your bulbs at night and replace any burnt bulbs with a fresh set.
Take Care of Your Car with Beach Ford
You know some great automotive maintenance tips, you’ve started a great automotive maintenance schedule, but what do you do if you need a little extra help? Contact us at Beach Ford in Myrtle Beach for advice on a variety of services like how to get rid of car mold, how to clean car seats, how to find the right OEM parts, how to get smoke smell out of your car, how to change your transmission fluid, and so much more. We’re here to make your driving experience the best it can be around Florence.