Mustang MACH-E: Connecting is Top Priority
The all-new, 2021 fully electric Mustang Mach-E is equipped with a vast array of cutting-edge, connected technologies. Most of them can be controlled through its impressive 15.5-inch center-stack touchscreen.
So that new owners can take advantage of all the Mustang Mach-E has to offer, proper setup and completion of the activation process is critically important!
STEP 1 – Set Up the FordPass App
- Using a compatible smartphone, download the FordPass App.
- Set up and Owner Account or log in with an existing account.
- Add the vehicle using its VIN.
STEP 2 – Connect Mustang Mach-E FordPass Connect (modem)
- Activate the modem in the FordPass App and confirm activation on the touchscreen (select “Allow” when the pop-up appears on the screen)
- Pair a compatible smartphone using Bluetooth in the vehicle.
- Activate Phone as A Key to use a compatible smartphone instead of a key fob
STEP 3 – Explore the SYNC 4A 15.5-inch Touchscreen.
- Set up a personal profile.
- Open the Apps Drawer and download compatible all.
- Set vehicle preconditioning preferences so Mustang Mach-E is ready to go when you are.
- Set up a recurring schedule to Over-the-Air Updates when its most convenient for you.
STEP 4 – Review Vehicle Charging
- The Ford Mobile Charger is standard for all Mustang Mach-E models. Review how to use it at home and check the amount of charge in the vehicle on-screen or using FordPass.
- Search for public charging stations using FordPass or the SYNC 4A touchscreen.
- Explore the Digital Owner’s manual and use it to search for features using keywords.
- To start the vehicle, press the brake pedal and the power button at the same time. The green “Ready” light will appear when the vehicle is powered on.
- Confirm that the FordPass App has the Roadside Assistance icon in the upper right-hand corner for when help may be needed.