Trims and Prices
First thing’s first: you’re going to be choose from five special trims:
- The base-line Ford Explorer trim enters the market at $31,160
- The Ford Explorer XLT starts at $33,625
- The Ford Explorer Limited is available at $41,525
- The Ford Explorer Sport is priced at $45,205
- Finally, the upper-level Ford Explorer Platinum enters the market at $53,235
Engine Power and Performance
Next, this car also puts a wealth of power at your very finger tips. For example, you’ll be able to choose from any of the following:
- a 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine, which generates 290 hp and produce 255 lb-ft of torque, while also getting between 16 and 17 mpg in the city and 19 and 20 mpg on the highway, depending on whether it’s equipped with FWD or AWD
- a 2.3L EcoBoost I4 engine that produces 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque and which promises between 18 and 19 mpg in the city, and 26 and 28 on the highway
- a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine that delivers up 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque and that achieves 16 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway
Meanwhile, when equipped with a Class III Trailer Tow Package and a standard 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine or the available 3.5L EcoBoost engine, the Explorer is able to tow as much as 5,000 pounds. And its Hill Descent Control system also gives you even more control over your performance by activating the brakes when you’re starting the car on an ascent.
On the one hand, the Explorer provides you with seating for seven passengers, while also promising 151.6 cubic feet of passenger volume, meaning that you and everybody else are going going to really stretch out and enjoy the drive. Yet it also provides as much as 81.7 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the first row of seats alone, making it possible to fit all the luggage and cargo you could ever hope to bring with no trouble whatsoever. Finally, this car’s interior is splendidly luxurious, boasting Nirvana Leather upholstery, perforated and quilted seats, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel with contrast stitching and wood inserts.
Now let’s shift gears, so to speak, and focus on the Explorer’s technologies. Here’s just a smattering of what’s on offer:
- With its unique SYNC system, the Explorer gives you smartphone compatibility, voice-activated calling, and a 911 Assist program for emergency services
- With SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link services, you’ll be able to rely on your car to create route maps, identify location information, and even help you find the nearest gas station on the highway
- With Hands-Free Liftgate, you’ll be able to raise or lower the Liftgate by swiping your foot beneath the vehicle’s bottom
- And with its Dual 2nd-Row Smart-Charging USB Ports, you’ll be able to keep all your devices charged and functional throughout the drive
Finally, the Explorer is embedded with a range of dependable safety systems. For example, you’ll get:
- an Enhanced Active Park Assist that simplifies the process of parallel parking by helping you negotiate the tightest of spaces
- A Lane-Keeping System prevents highway drift by alerting you when you’ve begun to shift from one lane to another
- Front 180-Degree Camera and Front Park Aid systems give you a comprehensive picture of the area around your Explorer, helping to make parking, among other things, even easier
- A reliable assemblage of airbags encases you in a veritable web of protection
Experience the Ford Explorer Today!
Best of all, you can explore all that the new Ford Explorer has to offer yourself by visiting our Beach Ford dealership yourself. Find us at 855 Jason Blvd. in Myrtle Beach, or give us a quick phone call to arrange a visit at . On the other hand, you can always just get in touch using this simple online form, too. Wait no longer: explore the new 2017 Ford Explorer at Beach Ford today!