FordPass – Coming soon to a smartphone near you!
At the 2016 North American International Auto Show, held in Detroit back in January, Ford announced the introduction of a revolutionary new smartphone app called FordPass. This new app is going to change the way think about mobility.
Whether it be in a car, a bus, on a bike or even virtually, FordPass will offer a collection of personal, digital and physical solutions to our daily needs. The new Ford Pass app, which will debut in April, will help drivers find parking places, share rides and even give personal assistance to help them get around town. This app will be free to use for everyone, not just Ford owners. FordPass will greatly enhance the customer experience.
Some of the features and benefits of new FordPass app will be:
- FordPass, part of Ford’s transformation into an auto and mobility company, aims to do for car owners what iTunes did for music fans
- Launching in April, FordPass re-imagines the relationship between automaker and consumer; membership is free whether you own a Ford vehicle or not by registering online
- Benefits include a Marketplace offering mobility services; FordGuides, who are always there to help you move; Appreciation, for membership loyalty; and FordHubs, where you can go to experience the company’s latest innovations
- Ford partnering with ParkWhiz to help drivers find and pay for advance parking more easily, and with FlightCar to help consumers share and borrow; FordPay makes it easy to pay for mobility expenses
- Ford also partnering with McDonald’s and 7-Eleven to reward FordPass members with merchandise and unique experiences
- FordHubs to open in New York, London, Shanghai and San Francisco; the first will open later this year at New York’s Westfield World Trade Center
FordPass users will be able to register for the app on their smartphones and be able to access its menu of applets. People will be able to access guides and storefronts right on their smartphone and be able to pay for retail purchases, learn how to use the New York City subway system or even be able to virtually configure a new car without any sales pressure. Ford will also be introducing FordPay which will be much like ApplePay. FordPay will be available in the FordPass virtual wallet.
Ford is working hard to develop new technologies like FordPass because they know how important mobility, and time, truly are to consumers. Keep an eye out here for more information about FordPass. We will be sure to provide you with all the updates as soon as we can. This is something that all of us here at Beach Ford are really excited about and think you should be excited as well!