What is the Ford F-250 Towing Capacity?
The Ford F-250 is known for its strength, so it’s no surprise that the Ford F-250 towing capacity ranges from 12,600 pounds to 22,800 pounds, depending on the setup. The maximum tow rating can be achieved with an optional gooseneck hitch. These numbers are in addition to a 4,260-pound payload capacity, ensuring that Conway drivers have ample power and capability for any task when driving this Ford truck. Discover more Ford F-250 specs with Beach Ford!
Ford F-250 Specs: Engines
The Ford F-250 towing capacity is undoubtedly impressive, and it’s largely thanks to the three engine options available.
- 6.2L Gas-Powered V8: Produces up to 385 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque
- Optional 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V8: Produces best-in-class 475 hp and 1,050 lb-ft of torque
- Available all-new 7.3L Gas V8: Produces 430 hp and 475 lb-ft of torque
No matter the setup, you’ll get the Ford TorqShift® G 6-speed automatic transmission for smooth shifting on Murrells Inlet roads, which delivers power to a permanent 4×4 AWD system.
Ford F-250 Specs: Towing Capacity by Trim and Cab
The Ford F-250 also comes with a number of features meant to enhance your towing experience. Check out the following:
- Trailer Brake Controller: Fully integrated and factory installed, this trailer brake controller synchronizes trailer and vehicle brakes for seamless braking.
- Trailer Sway Control: This system keeps your trailer from swaying uncontrollably and separately from your truck.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: This 2.5-inch Built Ford Tough® Trailer Hitch Receiver (SRW) makes the connection between your truck and trailer super convenient and durable (optional 3-inch model).
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC): With gyroscopic sensors, reduced engine power, and selective wheel braking, this system works to maintain stability.
- Gooseneck Hitch Kit: Installing this optional package helps you to reach the maximum towing capacity possible.
Learn More About the Ford F-250 at Beach Ford!
Get in touch with Beach Ford to schedule your test drive of the Ford F-250 near Florence! We can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of the new F-250, so that you can fully appreciate just how much it has to offer. Check out or new vehicle specials, too, for opportunities to save on this heavy-duty truck!
More from Beach Ford
It’s a bold statements to refer to any truck design as “a truck for the future.” That is, until you get to know the all-new, all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning pickup – the smartest, most connected, most innovative F-150 ever.
Another heritage-inspired brand rejoins the Ford stable for 2022, this time around applied to a truck. Maverick is America’s first standard full hybrid truck, offering a targeted EPA-estimated rating of 40 mpg city and a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $19,995. This impressive, all-new compact pickup expands out Built Ford Tough lineup into…
The new 2021 Ford F-150 offers the perfect assist on tough jobs around Conway. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? When properly equipped the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity delivers up to 14,000 pounds and is backed by top-of-the-line engineering options and stunning specs. Get a closer look at what you…