2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity
Conway-area drivers can expect to tow up to 3,500 pounds with the 2020 Ford Edge. Between this Ford Edge towing capacity, the Ford SUV’s raw performance capabilities, and its impressive cargo features, setting out on an adventure with your camper and outdoor gear is easier than ever. Discover how the Ford Edge engine lineup contributes to the model’s tow rating with Beach Ford!
Ford Edge Engine Lineup
The two available Ford Edge engine options promise strong output and hefty towing capabilities for Murrells Inlet drivers. Take your pick from the following:
- 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4
- Direct-injection engine
- 245 hp
- 275 lb-ft of torque
- 1,500-pound towing capacity
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 335 hp
- 380 lb-ft of torque
- Maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity
If performance is your top priority on Myrtle Beach streets, then you will want to check out the Ford Edge ST. This model comes equipped with cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and more, all in addition to the impressive Ford Edge towing capacity.
Ford Edge Towing Features
The new Ford Edge also boasts a range of towing and performance features meant to enhance control and traction capabilities as you navigate the Florence area. These include:
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, which uses sensors to constantly monitor traction and balance torque between the front and rear wheels to enhance handling and maximize traction.
- Class II Trailer Tow Package, required to hit the maximum 3,500-pound Ford Edge towing capacity (when equipped with all-wheel drive).
- Trailer Sway Control, which helps you to tow more confidently by applying brakes or reducing engine torque as necessary to maintain control.
- Traction Control, which limits wheelspin by reducing throttle output.
- Hill Start Assist, which automatically holds the brake when you’re on an incline to prevent backward roll as you switch your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
Discover the 2020 Ford Edge at Beach Ford
When it comes to the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity, Wilmington-area drivers have a lot to look forward to, especially in terms of the Ford Edge engine offerings. Get in touch with Beach Ford to schedule a test drive near Little River today! Before you visit, compare the Ford Edge to the Ford Escape for additional information on these Ford SUVs!
More from Beach Ford
It’s a bold statements to refer to any truck design as “a truck for the future.” That is, until you get to know the all-new, all-electric 2022 F-150 Lightning pickup – the smartest, most connected, most innovative F-150 ever.
Another heritage-inspired brand rejoins the Ford stable for 2022, this time around applied to a truck. Maverick is America’s first standard full hybrid truck, offering a targeted EPA-estimated rating of 40 mpg city and a starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $19,995. This impressive, all-new compact pickup expands out Built Ford Tough lineup into…
The new 2021 Ford F-150 offers the perfect assist on tough jobs around Conway. So, what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? When properly equipped the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity delivers up to 14,000 pounds and is backed by top-of-the-line engineering options and stunning specs. Get a closer look at what you…