2018 Expedition FX4 Off-Road Package
Did you know that more than 20% of Expedition owners use their SUV for off-road adventure?
They certainly do! That’s why Ford has introduced the all-new 2018 Expedition FX4 Off-Road Package.
Expedition FX4 Off Road Package
With this package, the Expedition becomes the most off-road-capable Expedition ever! It’s been redesigned with a high-strength steel frame and an all-new high-strength aluminum-alloy body. Using these advanced materials, engineers saved up to 300 pounds. That weight savings was reinvested into the vehicle in the form of new technology and new features.
“The FX4 Off-Road package delivers off-road driving confidence,” said Mike Kipley, Expedition vehicle engineering manager. “The technology we’re using works to adapt to different driving conditions so customers can enjoy the adventure without worry.”
FX4 Off-Road Package includes the following:
- Patented electronic limited-slip rear differential
- This helps to improve off-road performance in low traction situations.
- Off-road-tuned shocks more stiffly tuned to keep wheels in contact with the road.
- All-terrain tires with thicker sidewalls
- This maintains a smooth ride over rough terrain.
- Seven different skid plates that serve as underbody armor and protect critical areas.
- Unique 18-inch Magnetic Metallic-painted cast-aluminum wheels
- Chrome running boards
- FX4 badging on the liftgate and front fender
- New rubber floor liners featuring deep side sills
- These can be removed and cleaned of any mud, sand or water.
Don’t forget, the Expedition is also the roomiest vehicle in the Ford lineup. All of us here at Beach Ford can’t wait until they show up here on the lot. The new 2018 Ford Expedition FX4 will go on sale this fall. We will be to let you know when they arrive. Our knowledgeable sales staff will be able to tell you all you need to know about the new Expedition. If you have questions, give Beach Ford a call today. We’re waiting to hear from you!