2016 Ford Transit: Long Haul Value
2016 Ford Transit is Value for the Long Haul. The 2016 Ford Transit Van and Wagon offer customers exceptional levels of configurability, performance, capability and durability. All of this helps to make these vehicles a great investment in value. In fact, the 2015 Transit was honored by Vincentric with the Best Fleet Value in America Award for total cost of ownership. This and the features that back it up, give customers even more reasons to choose the 2016 Ford Transit.
What’s New for the 2016 Ford Transit?
- Auxiliary Fuse Panel available on all models
- Battery with single absorbed glass mat available for gas models
- Dual sliding side cargo door available on medium and high roof
- 250-amp/hour heavy-duty alternator available on gas engines
- Rear view camera with trailer hitch assist standard on Vans and Wagons
- Rear view camera with mirror display available on Cutaway and Chassis Cab
- Safety Canopy System side-curtain airbags standard on all models
- SYNC3 available on all models …and more!
The 2016 Ford Transit also continues to offer a long list of available smart features such as:
- LCD message center
- Lane-keeping alert with Driver Alert
- Ford Telematics powered by Telogis
- Heavy-duty Trailer Tow Package
- Trailer brake controller
- …and more!
Efficient Cost of Ownership
When you combine the scheduled maintenance plan of the 2016 Ford Transit Vans and Wagons with the expertise of our extensive dealer and parts network, it’s easy to see why Transit has an award-winning cost-of-ownership story. All 2016 Ford Transit engines are engineered to provide optimum capability, payload and towing.
Tough – Durability, Capability and Reliability
The 3.5L EcoBoost V6 gasoline engine has proven its hard working ability in Ford F-150. The 2016 Ford Transit has best-in-class maximum gas torque rating of 400 lb.-ft. at 2,500 rpm when equipped with the available 3.5L EcoBoost V6 Engine. The 3.2L Power Stroke I-5 diesel has been rigorously tested and includes over 4,000 hours of dynamometer testing, including one 750-hour test at maximum engine power. That is the equivalent of 14 nonstop round-trip from New York to Los Angeles. The 2016 Ford Transit’s rear-wheel-drive (RWD) configuration allows it to deliver impressive capability:
- Up to 7,500 lbs. max. trailer towing capability
- Up to 4,560 lbs. max. payload
- Up to 10,360 lbs. max. GVWR
When a work van needs maintenance or repair, setting it back on the road quickly is a top priority. Keep these points in mind:
- Location: Ford offers competitive labor rates and service is available at more than 3,000 Ford dealerships across the U.S.; that includes 647 Ford Business Preferred Network (BPN) locations that offer specialized and technical service support, plus extended service hours.
- Distance: When a Customer need service fast, distance can also be a factor. More than 80% of businesses that file a claim under the FTCC (Ford Truck Commercial COnnection) program are within 30 miles of a BPN dealer and more than 63% are within 10 miles.
- Parts: Support also also includes an extensive network of parts depots that help provide easy access to parts.
Transit Wagon Seating
The 2016 Ford Transit Wagons are available in 8-, 10-, 12- and 15-passenger configurations. The choices are available passenger seating options are impressive, as are the variations of designated removable seats. Our knowledgeable sales associates will be more than happy to help you decide which option would best fit your needs!