The 2016 Taurus is available in four different trims:
- 2016 Ford Taurus SE – MSRP from $27,220
- 2016 Ford Taurus SEL – MSRP from $29,650
- 2016 Ford Taurus Limited – MSRP from $34,570
- 2016 Ford Taurus SHO – MSRP from $40,385
When you choose the Taurus, you’ll have the option of picking from three different engines:
- Standard is a 3.5L Ti-VCT 24-valve DOHC V6 engine that produces 288 hp and 254 lb-ft of torque. Drivers can expect an EPA-estimated 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway.
- On the SHO trim, you can opt for a 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine that generates a strong 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. This engine option is good for 16 mpg city and 24 mpg highway.
- Available on the SE, SEL, and Limited trims, the 2L Ti-VCT EcoBoost I4 makes 240 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque. This model can reach 20 mpg city and 29 mpg highway.
Models come standard with front-wheel drive, but all-wheel drive is optional. While trim comes equipped with a six-speed electronically controlled SelectShift® automatic overdrive transmission, SHO models can be upgraded to a transmission that also features paddle activation.
Trims and Features
Before deciding which trim is right for you, find out more about what features you can expect on each model:
- 2016 Ford Taurus SE – The base trim offers standout standard features like electric power-assisted steering, curve control, AdvanceTrac® Electronic Stability Control (ESC), a six-way power driver’s seat with manual recline and lumbar, and MyKey®.
- 2016 Ford Taurus SEL – On the second trim in the lineup, you’ll find dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, SYNC with MyFord®, an integrated remote start system, available SiriusXM Satellite radio, perimeter anti-theft alarm, and folding power mirrors, as well folding power mirrors and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- 2016 Ford Taurus Limited – On the Limited trim, you’ll have access to the SYNC® 3 infotainment system, intelligent access with push-button start, perforated leather seat trim with 60/40 split rear seats, heated/cooled front seats, a reverse sensing system, a rear view camera, and an available BLIS® with cross-traffic alert.
- 2016 Ford Taurus SHO – The top-of-the-line trim provides a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission with sport mode and paddle activation, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps, dual true split chrome exhaust tips, aluminum medals, optional active park assist, and optional adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support.
Standard and Available Features
Want more standard features for less? No problem. Each trim comes equipped plenty of great standard features:
- MyKey® – Use this feature to set limits speed, audio volume, and more. You can also set it to give you low fuel warnings, which display on the message enter.
- Rear View Camera – Each trim comes standard with this important safety feature to keep you safe when in reverse. The camera displays what’s behind you on the center console screen.
- Remote Keyless Entry System – There’s no need to fish through your bag or pockets to find your keys when you can use keyless entry to get get into your Taurus.
- 60/40 Split Fold Down Rear Seats – Make use of versatile trunk space with the 60/40 split-fold spring-assisted rear seats that come with every trim of the Taurus.
Need more from your 2016 Taurus? There are still many great optional features you can add to your model:
- Power Rear Window Sunshade – Upgrade to this feature on the Limited and SHO trims for a one-touch sunshade that automatically goes down when your vehicle is in reverse.
- Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support – Adaptive Cruise Control detects slowing traffic in front of you to adjust following distance accordingly, while collision warning and brake support work together to alert you about upcoming collisions and brake the vehicle for you if you don’t react in time.
- Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link® – Spring for the five-year prepaid Sirius XM Traffic and Sirius XM Travel Link trial subscription that comes with voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation. You’ll also have access to detailed traffic information, weather, sports scores and schedules, and movie theater locations and times.
The 2016 Ford Taurus is as versatile as it is powerful. It has seating capacity for five and 102.2 cubic feet of passenger volume. There is also 20.1 cubic feet of available trunk volume. However, you can make use of the standard 60/40 folding split rear seats to reconfigure your vehicle in order to fit more gear.
Drive Home in a 2016 Ford Taurus Today!
If you’d like to fully experience the 2016 Ford Taurus, visit Beach Ford for a test drive today! Our dealership is located at 855 Jason Blvd. in Myrtle Beach, SC, and you can contact us if you have any questions before you visit. We look forward to showing you just what this sporty vehicle can handle.